Cooking With Honey
Honey can be substituted for sugar in most baked goods, Clear honey is often easier to use for cooking because it's easier to pour. Use honey as a sweetener to replace sugar in desserts, drinks and baking: it has a particular affinity with milk products such as yoghurt and cheese
Makes: 16 pieces of fudge
- 115g butter
- 450g granulated sugar
- 1 (397g) tin condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 140ml milk
- A pinch of cream of tartar
- Line or grease an 18cm (7 inch) square tin.
- Heat all the ingredients together slowly until sugar has completely dissolved.
- Bring to the boil, stirring all the time, until it reaches 114 C or 240 F on a sugar thermometer.
- Remove from heat and continue to beat until it thickens. Pour into tin.
- When it has cooled slightly, mark into squares. Set aside to cool completely